Over these decades, 1920s through the 1970s, day and evening students continued to enroll—the largest population of which came from cohorts of employees in the region including Gleason Corporation, Kodak, Xerox, and many others. The exhibit shows photographs of a mechanical drawing class and a Quality Control class. Both date from c. 1950-60.
Bringing the idea of individualized education into its middle years, in 1966, the College of Continuing Education (CCE) was developed to help working men and women expand their skills and increase their knowledge of business, science and art, while still being able to work and have the flexibility they needed. Further growth of the university ensued. By 1969, there were 7 colleges beyond Continuing Ed, including Applied Science, Business, Fine and Applied Arts, General Studies, Graphic Arts and Photography, Science, and National Technical Institute for the Deaf.
-Visit Links & More Information to learn more about the history of the College of Continuing Education (CCE) by clicking on the link for School of Individualized Study and going to the SOIS overview page under About SOIS.