The Manual Training building quickly outgrew the space required for the necessary equipment used in educating the manual training – lathes, pattern-making benches, and other machine shop machinery. In March 1900, George Eastman announced a generous gift of land and money to be used to build a new building along Plymouth Avenue. The burgeoning Institute was once again able to expand its course offerings.
The new Eastman Building was divided between Industrial and Fine Arts and Domestic Science. All classes except those in manual training were held in the Eastman Building, which would be connected to the Manual Training Building by a bridge at the second floor.
-Click on the links to look at historical building photographs from the RIT Archives website and the Pinterest page of the archive to look at recipes from the Domestic Science Department.